Thursday 26 March 2009

You got your card game in my RTS


Man, finally got my hands on Battleforge today, and boy, what a first impression it's made. As I sit here looking for a quite night, I find theres a Battleforge demo somewhere on the Internet. My search didn't take me long, its right there on the Battleforge website. So after about an hour and a half of downloading the client and subsequent files to play the game I'm sitting there expecting the worst. Reasons go below;

Lets put this in a bit of perspective. I have a massive impulse for card games, you know they type, Magic: The Gathering and the sort. So when i find out that there bringing one out while watching the Sony conference at the 2006 E3 (talking bout Eye of Judgement here folks) I get all giddy and start throwing things at the monitor and screaming like a girl. "Man, that looks absolutely fucking epic" I said, (not just at what i had just seen but something actually impressive that Sony had come out with...RIDDDGEEE RACEE...yeah, anyway...

So lets fast forward to the time that EoJ comes out. I get it in the mail and open it, rush to the front room and start everything up. Wow. Man. I just got butt fucked. This is bad, this would have cost me loads if the orders for the booster decks had actually gone through.

That night i weeped gently into my pillow.

But about two weeks ago i find a interview on one of my regular sites about this game called Battleforge. A card game, but its an RTS.

Wut?

So I end up trawling the Internet for videos about this game that's getting me into a confusing, horrifically excitable mood and find out that it looks awesome. So instinctively I put a pre-order in, hoping that my wistful mood hadn't clouded my judgement. This brings us to where i am now. After playing the demo for a couple of hours I can honestly say I have made the right decision. This is a game that I think allot of people will overlook, but seriously, if you have the time give this one a whirl, is a blast and one of the most enjoyable RTS's i have played in a while.

Review Coming Shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment